Blog 3

Alyssa Galvan
WMST Mon. 2:30- 5:30
12/3/18
Blog 3

Image result for rosary
Ever since I could remember, religion has been a very important aspect to my family. I do not remember a time where my family and I did not spend our time at church on Sunday. I remember learning about my religion from my mother and teachers at the church who would hold classes for children. As I grew older and was more able to understand what was being said in church, I realized that this was something I wanted to continue following and believing in. I can definitely say that religion is something that has changed for me from since I was little to my young adulthood age. Now that I am older, I am able to interpret things the way I see them and the way I believe in them. I do not see Catholicism as believing the readings for what they say, I see Catholicism as the way one interprets it. Religion has immensely impacted my life for the greater good. I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and although one may not be able to see the reason behind it, eventually they will.  Because of this belief of mine, I am able to be more accepting and comfortable with things that happen that I may not necessarily have wanted to have happen. My spirituality has shaped my values in life which has shaped who I am becoming. To me, Catholicism stresses on the choices one makes in life. This religion has taught me to give love and to help those who are in need which shapes a persons personality. I value love, family, spirituality, and personalities that consist of generosity, bravery, love, kindness, and respectfulness. Religion has also led me to believe that God does not give someone something they cannot handle and although at times i feel as if i cannot handle some things, I look at the bigger picture and see that i’m doing okay taking things day by day. In looking at religion and spirituality as an enlightened witness, I can see many things that someone can critique about the way religion  may portray feminism. What I have heard about women in the faith is that they must keep their partners happy. Now, although that is what i hear, that is not what i believe with 100%. To me, just because one is religious, does not mean they believe everything the religion teaches. I was taught and grew up believing that someone is free to disagree with things or interpret things differently within a religion. I am who I am today because of my religion. It has shaped my values, beliefs, concerns, and attitude about the world and although i may not completely agree with everything being expressed in my religion, I greatly appreciate it and appreciate the impact it has on my life. 

Comments

  1. I found it very interesting to what you had to say about growing up with religion. I too grew up with the catholic religion. To this day, I can say that I am catholic but that doesn’t mean I don’t a hundred percent agree to what they have to say. I respect the religion but I also have some of my own beliefs. Overall I enjoyed reading to what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 2

Blog 1